- Accessibility: Program development and implementation across a global organization, developed a training program and resources for each discipline in the software development life cycle, auditing, mentoring, procuring SaaS tooling/vendor management, design review, contractor management and CPACC certified
- CMS Experience: WordPress, Timber (WordPress + Sensio Twig)
- Responsive Development: Mobile-First Responsive Web Design
- User Experience: Experience with wire-framing, prototyping and usability testing techniques
- Version Control: Github, Bitbucket, Git, SVN
- Build Management: Gulp, Bower, Grunt, Hologram, NodeJS, Webpack
BlackHawk Network (2020 – Present) Senior Accessibility Program Manager
As the accessibility program manager, I have:
Implemented an accessibility plan for each step of the software development lifecycle and agile process.
Released mandatory training and built a resource repository for product owners, designers, developers, quality assurance and customer service representatives.
Prioritized and provided quality manual audits for several e-commerce sites from all across the globe producing:
- WCAG 2.1 AA, revised Section 508 and EN 301 549 compliance reports
- Detailed issues for bug tracking and
- A roadmap for remediation
Managed accessibility audit program with internal product teams, while defining and implementing improvements and automation to scale the program, shift quality left and earlier in the development lifecycle
Effectively communicate program execution status, key accomplishments, and risks to stakeholders
Responded to requests for and shared audit results (conformance reports) with internal stakeholders and customers
BlackHawk Network, Giftcards.com (2016 – 2020) Senior Software Engineer
While in my engineering role, I became a leading member of Blackhawk Network's Accessibility Committee that steered the direction the company would take to address the accessibility of Blackhawk’s products and services. Participation in the committee led to my current role in the company.
I helped to:
- Implement the mobile optimized purchase flow with ReactJS that all of our products will use
- Manage the state of accessibility
- Optimize new areas of the sites to use flexbox and grid
Giftcards.com (2013-2016) Senior UI Developer
- Audited the site for accessibility and tracked the progress in Confluence before adding bugs to Jira.
- Developed a custom responsive and accessible pattern library that is visible to the internal team as a code-based style guide using hologram and switched the site to Sass with a Gulp build process.
- Conducted discovery for the site’s content creators and detailed what needed to be developed in the CMS.
- Helped to implement the unifying of the products through a standard purchasing process
- Developed wireframes for the admin tool for a product
Oncology Nursing Society (2006-2013) Web Designer/Developer
- Designed and developed responsive conference websites (Connections 2012, Connections 2013 and Congress 2013) utilizing HTML5/CSS3 and jQuery
- Implemented UX techniques such as wire-framing, prototyping and usability testing
- Designed and developed TheCancerJourney.org website and logo (the main part of the site no longer exists)
- Developed several online courses (coded and designed interactive elements with the course facilitator)
- Learning Management System (LMS) administrator
Five Star Development (2004-2006) Flash Designer/Developer
- Worked as part of a team to design and develop custom interactive elements for Heinz training modules. This project was developed using Flash, Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
- Designed and developed a complete set of training modules for Sharp Electronics (CD), which entailed a creating a custom player interface using Flash and implementing all of the content for the project.
- Other eLearning projects included: Sheetz, Ford, and US Steel.