- CMS Experience: WordPress, Timber (WordPress + Sensio Twig)
- Responsive Development: Mobile-First Responsive Web Design
- User Experience: Experience with wireframing, prototyping and usability testing techniques
- Software: Adobe’s PhotoShop and Illustrator, PhpStorm and Balsalmiq
- Version Control: Github, Bitbucket, Git, SVN
- Build Management: Gulp, Bower, Grunt, Hologram, NodeJS, Webpack
BlackHawk Network, Giftcards.com (2016 – current)
- Helped to implement the mobile optimized store front with ReactJS that all of our products will eventually be purchased through.
- Manage the state of accessibility of the site by running audits, documenting issues creating tickets for sprints, training the team and management on accessibility and helping other teams with issues they have.
- Updated the greeting card pattern to handle both 4×6 and 5×7 greeting cards
- Cleaned up the greeting card animation
Senior UI Developer
I’ve touched just about every main product page of the site.
- Implemented accessibility features throughout the site, developed an accessibility audit wiki for the company and added accessible code samples to the style guide
- Developed a custom pattern library that is visible to the internal team as a code-based style guide using hologram and switched the site to Sass.
- Integrated Gulp into the workflow.
- Converted Giftcards.com to be responsive
- Conducted discovery for the site’s content creators and detailed what needed to be developed in the CMS.
- Helped to implement the unifying of the products through a standard purchasing process
- Developed wireframes for the admin tool for a product
Oncology Nursing Society (2006-2013)
- Designed and developed responsive conference websites (Connections 2012, Connections 2013 and Congress 2013) utilizing HTML5/CSS3 and jQuery
- Implemented UX techniques such as wireframing, prototyping and usability testing
- Designed and developed TheCancerJourney.org website and logo (the main part of the site no longer exists)
- Developed several online courses (coded and designed interactive elements with the course facilitator)
- Learning Management System (LMS) administrator
Five Star Development (2004-2006)
- Worked as part of a team to design and develop custom interactive elements for Heinz training modules. This project was developed using Flash, Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
- Designed and developed a complete set of training modules for Sharp Electronics (CD), which entailed a creating a custom player interface using Flash and implementing all of the content for the project.
- Other eLearning projects included: Sheetz, Ford, and US Steel.
Kind Girls Mentor Program (2015)
- Worked as part of a team to develop an accessible website as part of the Open Air Challenge
Advanced Window and Door (2009-Present)
- Designed and developed the original Advanced Window and Door website.
- Currently transitioning to a new Advanced Window and Door website to a WordPress installation and implementing a responsive web design, HTML5 and CSS3.
Western PA Veterinarian Medical Association (2005)
- Created and designed a database driven website for the WPVMA utilizing HTML, CSS and PHP/MySQL. Created the original artwork, logo and Flash animation.